Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm not patient

I'm not patient

I've been through the waiting game before so this feeling isn't a surprise. The not knowing "WHEN" is the hardest, and I don't think it matters how many times we adopt it will never change. Our mail box has become important again. Everyday the kids and I walk down to get the mail and I'm filled with the anticipation if this is the day or not. Then comes the disappointment. Right now it's not bad. I'm still able to rationalize and be logical, but I know as the weeks drag on the mail box trip will become an issue. Some of you not familiar with the adoption world are wondering WHAT piece of mail can be so important. We are waiting for 171H other wise known as "Our approval from the United States Government to adopt a foreign born orphan." I waited 7 1/2 weeks for Ellayna's 171H in 2004. I'm hoping for a shorter wait this time.

I broke down and called USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) in Cleveland. I just had to check to make sure all of our documents were in their possession-Yes.
The lady I spoke with was very kind. She said as of July 20, our file was sent upstairs to the background-checker-guy. He has a 30 day turn around time, but he is on schedule and she didn't think it'd take that long. YAH!!!!! I hope this is true. Once we receive the 171H, I can start on our dossier. I was hoping to get our dossier turned in to VORF by September, but maybe I can know hope for middle of August. The dossier is the last step to do before the wait for our referrals (pictures and info on our kiddos).

Neigbors, if you see me jumping around in the road and attempting somersaults you can determine that we received our approval.

1 Comments:

At 6:54 AM , Blogger jenn said...

Hi Sarah
Just stopping in and reading some of your thoughts and where you are in the process.
Best of luck to you and I hope to be right on your heals!
Jenn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home