Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

78 Documents!!!

78 Documents!!!

After a lot of questioning, I think I understand the documents and procedures for the dossier. Amazingly, 78 is the number of documents needed!!! Jenni, my notary, please don't be frightened when you read this. Sorry in advance for your hand cramps.

There are 13 documents needed for the dossier. However, we need 3 copies of each document. All sets get notarized. Two sets go on to be county and state certified. One set goes on to be authenicated, sent to Vietnam and translated.
Notarized set kept at VORF office/ county & state certified gets hand carried by Matt and I to Vietnam/ authenicated set gets us our referral. Confused yet??? Believe me this is really clear compared to what I had to start with. Thankfully, I've made friends with other VORF parents. (hint: some of their blogs are attached to my side bar)

Times all of this by two, since we are requesting two children. This equals 78 documents needed notarized, 52 of those getting county and state certified, and 26 of those getting authenicated and translated into Vietnamese.

1 Comments:

At 5:23 AM , Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Whew! when you put it like that it is amazing it all ever gets done!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home