Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Smile Award

Thank you Melissa, for choosing me for The Smile Award. It is an honor to be picked by such a wonderful mommy and great person. Melissa really is cheerful and ALWAYS helpful. Plus, she is always encouraging me to post on my blog.

For those that don't know this award was created by Mere, a high school student. I think it's great that these characteristics are brought to attention.

So here's how the award works:
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.

These are the rules for The Smile Award.

1. The recipient must link back the the award’s creator
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
People I’d like to give the award to:

1. My best friend, Charity , who has adopted from Korea twice. We grew up together,and have more memories than I could count. Amoung some of the best, surround our children. It is wonderful seeing them play together. Charity is an upbeat person who appreciates all the moments of being a mother to Peyton and Lukas.

2. My dear friend Susan, mom to beautiful, spicy Lily Ana. Susan and I were in the same Vietnam travel group, and our girls spent months together in the same orphanage. We spent a lot of time before going to Vietnam on the phone either laughing, grumbling, complaining, planning, and wishing. It was pure joy to watch Susan become a mom. I'll always remember that ride to the orphanage to see our girls for the first time, and stepping through the doorway and seeing their sweet faces.

3. Parker's dad, Jonathon. I had the privledge of meeting Jonathon and Parker at our agency's annual picnic this last year. Jonathon is the kind of dad every kid wants. He is loving, thoughtful and hands-on, always having fun. Jonathon rountinely gives info about different organizations on his blog. Plus, he is taking classes to learn Vietnamese. How cool is that?!

4. To Anita, a mom to 3 beautiful children named Bright, Samren, and Taevy. I've never met Anita in person, but read her blog "Banku, Pho, and Fried Spiders" often. She is a strong person who loves children and has a huge heart for the orphans around the world. She quit her job as a teacher years ago to work for an adoption agency. So, she has a hand in bringing families together. She brought her children home from Ghana in 2007, Vietnam in 2002 and Cambodia in 2001.

5. To Kelley, a very busy mommy who is currently in Vietnam bringing home little Henry. Kelley has 5 children, the last 4 adopted from Vietnam within in last year. My hat goes off to this mommy. She does an amazing job.

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM , Blogger Mia's Mommy said...

whooo-hoooo You posted! I know you're super busy right now, but I really hope you find blogging time. I miss you!

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger Susan said...

Awww, thank you. I promise to post my acceptance speech (haha) very soon. I REALLY miss our chats! Love and hugs from Petunia and me to all the family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home