Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Where have we been?

How can that many weeks fly by since my last post? I have a lot to share, but I'll recap here and then talk more later.

End of April and first part of May, I took classes and completed paperwork to become a respite provider for foster care parents. Basically, all the same paperwork, homestudy, fingerprinting for an adoption is needed. So, in a way a bit depressing to go to all the work and no baby to look forward to. I did miss a class in the beginning just because I didn't find out about it in time. They only offer the classes twice a year. I'll have to wait till October to finish. We'll see how it all works out. Most likely, the foster children will come spend the weekend when the foster parents need a break.

In May, we attended the Asian Festival (funny story about Wyatt coming soon) and the VORF picnic at the zoo (story about Kyna and GT coming soon). We had lots of fun and the weather was beautiful.

A 70 year old lady in our church married for the first time. Who says love won't eventually happen. Life is full of surprises.

Then I had a week to get ready for vacation. We had rented a beach house at Kitty Hawk at the Outer Banks with my brother's family and my parents. Unfortunately, Kyna became very sick. I knew it was something other than your normal cold or flu bug. When I laid her down at the pediatrician's office, I immediately saw the sores in her mouth. It hadn't been there before. She had hand, foot and mouth virus. This is the first time I had to deal with it. The doctor said it had been going around. It is highly contagious. So guess what?? All the other kids ended up with it, too. The boys didn't have it as bad as the girls though. It was a difficult week to get everything packed and ready though with sick kids. Thankfully, by the time we arrived at the beach house everyone was back to normal. Oh yah, our van broke down days before we left, so that had to get fixed. A bummer since we had it tuned up and some things fixed just 3 weeks earlier.

I was really worried about the drive. Hoping the kids and the van would make the 12 hour trip. The kids did better than I could ever imagined. The last hour of the trip, I had to sing constantly and do hand motions for the songs or else both babies would immediately scream. I don't know what other motorists thought with my hands flying wildly around. The van made it down and back, but did break down while we were there. Luckily, my mom was driving it, so the kids didn't have to be rescued. Someone stopped to help push it off the road and a nice gentleman drove her the two miles back to the beach house. After a $85 tow and $300 garage bill, it would run. I still cringe to imagine if that would have happened on a four lane highway or up in the mountains. Yikes. Can you imagine us on the side of the road with 4 kids?

If you are looking for a perfect vacation with kids, the Outerbanks in North Carolina is it. The kids loved, loved, loved it. I took tons of pictures.

After we got back from vacation, Bible school started a week later. Mom and I organized the game time this year. Mom and dad with the "help" of Wyatt and Ellayna made a huge dinosaur to fit with the theme... Digging for God's Truth.

We just finished Bible school and now I'm finding time to post.

Before I go, I must share the best news of all. My two good friends. Friends that I grew up with and roomed in college with became mothers again. My one friend was on bed rest from week 24 to week 36 when she delivered twin boys, Cooper and Graham, weighing each a few ounces over 6 pounds. Isn't that amazing?? I was able to see them and hold one of them this past weekend. So cute. My other good friend, finally got her travel call. Lukas came home the day we arrived at the Outer Banks. So, I had to wait a whole week to see him. He is so cute. Charity's blog is on my side bar, Our second Korean adoption. Both of my friends have daughters that our about Ellayna's age. They are all planning to come to my house for a visit in July. It'll be so much fun, and the first time that we'll have all 9 of our kids together!

I'll be loading more pictures on and hopefully posting more. I am having difficulties loading more than one picture per post. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Never had this problem before.

4 Comments:

At 10:52 AM , Blogger Mia's Mommy said...

I'm so glad you finally updated! I can't wait to see beach pictures!

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger jenn said...

It's good to see an update, the babies have grown! (I'm not sure my two are ever going to grow, they just seem to stay so little.)

For pictures, whenever I had trouble posting more than one, I would make a slide show at slide dot com. It was easy to work with and saved me the hassle until I got grumpy enough to move to wordpress.

Take care and I'd love to hear how it goes doing respite care!

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Good to hear from you! Let us know how it goes as a respite care provider. You always sound so sweet in your posts...I'm sure you will do great!

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger Jess and Paul said...

Glad to see you are BACK! The vacation sounds lovely. Can't wait to do stuff like that in the future with Phoebe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home