We're HOME!!!!
Honest, I haven't been a slacker. Well, a blog slacker maybe, but there is no slacking going on here at home. As you can imagine, we've been very busy.
The babies did wonderful on the flights back. Our international flights were more tolerable with riding EVA deluxe and having a bassinet. Eastin slept in the bassinet, and Kyna slept in a makeshift bed underneath. We were in the nose of the plane. We had one side and Susan, Lela, and Lily Ana had the other side. We had extra room, and no one walking passed us. I even laid on the floor for some of the trip.
We had to run in San Francisco though. Our plane landed 1/2 hr late. That gave us 2 hours to go through immigration, customs, get our bags and check them back in, and get our tickets. We made it in just enough time for first call to board. The flight home was completely miserable. NO BASSINETS. SITTING in COACH. The guy beside us was going to move so that we could have one extra seat. Unfortunately, there was not one extra seat on the whole plane. We were all so glad to get off that plane. I was a sight. I was peed on 3 times, spit up on, and my shirt was completely snotted all over. I quick changed and Matt changed the babies before we met the rest of the family in baggage.
My parents and Tom and Joan, my aunt and uncle, came to the airport. We needed two vans to get everyone home. They all stayed at hotel the night before since it is a
2 1/2 hr drive and we landed at 5:15 am.
Wyatt and Ellayna were so excited! I thought they grew like crazy. I even weighed Ellayna later, and she's still the same. I do think she's taller though.
Each day is getting easier and each day I can see an improvement in the babies. Exhaustion doesn't describe our first few days home. We did get up and go to church the next morning. Actually, we felt pretty good and then it hits. I have never felt like that before. It's like someone is injecting sleep aide in your veins. You'll feel fine one second and the next second you have to find a bed that very instant. Matt and I both experienced this the first few days. I suppose it was jet lag.
Kyna was afraid the first few days, but is getting used to everyone now. She's also back to sleeping through the night, except for her one bottle. The first couple of nights, it was 5 times. Eastin has been steadily staying at 3-4 times a night. I'm hoping that when when his food is increased he'll sleep longer. Kyna takes cereal better than him, but he is learning. We also had play time in the middle of the night the first few nights. It's odd, but both babies would get up at the same time to play. Right now, Matt and I are sleeping in separate rooms and we each care for one of the babies. Well, right now Matt is getting more sleep since he had hibernating Kyna. Hopefully, next week we can all make it into our permanent beds. Eastin sleeps naps in the nursery. So, I do think he's getting used to the room. Eastin's cold is gone now, but he still has that cough from the orphanage. It's usually after he eats. I've scheduled well baby visits and maybe the doctor will have some ideas.
Wyatt and Ellayna have done better than I thought. Wyatt, in fact, is a huge help. He is head over heals and wants to do everything. He's even made bottles and fed Eastin cereal at the same time I was feeding Kyna yesterday. He is so attentive to their every need, that it's funny. Not sure if this will last, but it's definitely helping him bond with the babies. Eastin thinks his big brother is hysterical, and belly laughs for him. Ellayna thinks the babies are cute, but this change is more difficult for her even though we try to keep everything like it was before. She does want to share her food. One the way home from the airport, she wanted to give Eastin a cookie. I've also caught her trying to feed him a piece of broccoli.
Matt still has one more week before going back to work. He is enjoying his time here, and I know that we'll all miss him the 12 hrs he's gone a day.
Babies are calling. I promise to update more regularly. Pictures are coming.
----Happy Momma to 4 amazing, beautiful, precious children


9 Comments:
So good to see a post from you, I was about to look up your phone number in the white pages and make sure all was okay, but then couldn't bear the thought of waking up a baby (or you!) The first week is so hard, jet lag is exactly like you describe it. Your fine one minute and need to sleep the next, crazy.
So glad your older two are doing good with it. I still battle the "no babies can't eat that" so be prepared. Looking forward to pictures and glad all is well. God is so good!
So happy to see you post. Glad most of your flights went well. The jet lag is a killer but if you are like us..the babies will be back on track before you are. Can't wait to see pics!
Wow, Sarah. I'm so glad you made it back okay and that things are starting to adjust in your home. I'm glad the jet lag has subsided too. I'm looking forward to meeting you and your precious kiddos!
Melissa
so glad you all are safe and home!
I have been following you every step of the way even though I haven't commented. But I want to chime in and say Welcome Home. The journey of a lifetime has come full circle. Congratulations and they are gorgeous.
I am so glad to see that you all made it home safely! You are so right about the jetlag. We were exactly like you when it came to needing to sleep. I took 2 weeks for us all to get back on our normal schedule. I can't wait to see pictures of those little cuties!
I am so glad that things are going so well! I am so impressed that you have found the time to post. I can't wait to see a photo of all four kids together.
Dying for a picture update Sarah!! Can't wait to hear how everyone is adjusting to the new babies and see all 4 of your gorgeous kids together.
I'm going into withdrawals here! We need an update!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home