Almost a decade
Almost a decade
9 years ago today, Matt and I were married at 6:30 pm in the church that I grew up in. The church built by my great-grandparents. Our reception was held on the 3rd floor in am old ballroom that was restored to its prime, complete with stain glass windows and hard wood floors. The candle lit meal was accompanied by a dulcimer group. 3 days later we left for an 11 day honeymoon in Nova Scotia. We always talked about going back to Nova Scotia for our 10th wedding anniversary. As it looks, the year of our 10th we'll be traveling to Vietnam instead! We could have never imagined 9 years ago today, what our lives would be now. We survived and brought home our 25 week old, 1 lb. 13 oz micro-preemie after 2 1/2 months in the NICU. Wyatt is 5 and healthy. We searched and made the adoption leap, and surprisingly only 5 months after signing with an agency met our so adorable 5 month old Korean daughter at the airport, who is now 2. Now we are looking forward to meeting and bringing home our next two children! Life is full of ups and downs, but our kids make it all worth it. I don't think there has nearly been a day that passes that I don't thank God for my kids and allowing me to be their mommy. Without Matt by my side this wouldn't be possible. I prayed for a whole year for the right husband and the right father for my future children. God knows best and does answer prayers. We only need to listen.
I wonder what the next "nearly a decade" will bring. Maybe in the next decade, or more probably the next, we may meander back to Nova Scotia full of its rocky shores, winding wooded paths, lighthouses, and abundance seafood.
Right now we are completely excited about experiencing Vietnam. What a privilege to see the birth country of our children.


1 Comments:
Happy Anniversary, what a beautiful memory.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home