Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Our Bad News

Unfortunately, we have joined the multitudes of the unemployed. Even as I type those words, it sounds so foreign to me.

I have not posted for awhile, because I haven't felt like it.

On Jan. 21, Matt lost his job. Permanent lay-off. We had NO IDEA this was going to happen. I'm back to substitute teaching. Matt is now Mr. Mom who also homeschools.

Fortunately, I'm back at my old building (I taught 6th grade for 5 years before Wyatt was born) which is now in a brand new building full of the latest technology. I'm doing a long term sub job as the junior high technology teacher. Right now I see all the 8th graders each day and one class of 6th graders a day. The original teacher fell and broke his leg roller skating during a school trip. The break was bad and required pins.

The kids are each dealing (acting out) with it in their own way. The love having dad home, but hate having mom gone. I have not substituted at all since Kyna and Eastin have been home from Vietnam. Before that I'd do no more than a day or two a week. Basically, all they know is having mom all the time.

Trying to take one day at a time, and count all our blessings that we do have. We'd appreciate your prayers as Matt looks for a job.

For those of you from our area, if you hear of any openings or know of anyone with connections. He is a Mechanical Engineer with a Master's in Business and experience in Management.

4 Comments:

At 6:53 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

I am so sorry Sarah. I hope Matt finds something soon. Very soon.

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Susan said...

Sarah, I'm so sorry to read your bad news. I can't imagine how much of a shock that must have been to you guys. I'm also sorry about the teacher who broke his leg, but I'm very happy a long-term opportunity came your way when you needed it.

I'll definitely keep you guys in my prayers, and give Matt my best wishes on finding something soon.

Big hugs to all of you from Petunia and me.

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger Brenda said...

Sorry about the job loss Sarah! Sad with his degree and experience! I pray something comes up for him soon.

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Trying Traditional said...

It was nice to run into Matt and Wyatt the other day. I will keep my ears open and let you know if I hear of anything. My husband is an Engineer as well, so I'll have him keep an ear open just in case.

God provides in mysterious ways. Thankfully there was an opportunity for you when you needed it and hopefully soon he will have a job and you'll be back home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home