Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, July 31, 2009

Lip-tick





What is that?? Lipstick, or if pronounced by KeKe "lip-tick". This particular evening was an oddity. KeKe is obessed with lipstick, and for a 2 year old is usually very precise with her application. As many strangers in the last few months, have commented on.
We were coming from town late one evening. Matt's driving, but casually turns and looks at the kids. His face is horrified as he looks back to me. In that split second, my mind is racingwith images of someone silently choking in the back seat. I'm preparing to hurl myself over the seat and save one of my babies. My jaw drops as I look and see this site! Why? Why did she do this? She's never used lipstick as a face moisturizer before. After some thought, I think I figured it out. I bought some undereye consealer that to a two year old looks like lipstick. She saw me putting it on. I think there was some confusion. We have it straighten out now. We took this pictures after arriving home. As you can see, she's a little too proud of herself.
The funniest moment was when my mom held her up to the mirror. She jumped. I guess she surprised herself, too.
I need create a post on just our little Diva. We definitely have a girly-girl on our hands.

1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM , Blogger Susan said...

Oh, my! At first I didn't realize what I was seeing. Thank goodness it was only lipstick and not some crazy skin condition. That girl!

I'm so glad to see some updates on your beautiful kids. (Yeah, I'm a little behind the times.) Love all the pics from the previous post, too. Our babies are just growing up too fast!

Thank you so very much for the surprise Petunia and I pulled out of our mailbox. The pic of the girls is sweeter than sweet. Petunia said, "Those girls are my new friends." I told her that she and Kyna lived in Vietnam together when they were babies. She listened and nodded her head. After being quiet for a minute she said, "Did I play with her?" :-)

Anyway, thank you for thinking of us. We do think about you guys often, and I certainly pray that Matt's job hunt is productive in the near future.

Give everyone a hug for us. I still hope to see you and your family one day. xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home