Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Drum roll....

I know I haven't posted in awhile. I guess I'm not sure what to write. It seems like adoption always has to do with hurry up and wait, wait, & wait. So far, I'm still doing OK with the wait. I do confess at looking at the calendar often and trying to figure out when we'll be getting our referrals, and when we'll travel. Travel seems to be about 3 months after receiving the referral.
FYI= referral means picture/ info on your baby.

I'm going to take a guess when our referrals will happen. Drum roll........ November. My educated guess on travel is......drum roll......March. TET, the Vietnamese New Year, falls in February this year. I really don't think there will be travel in February. TET is a huge celebration for the Vietnamese. I think it is February 17 this year, however things can close down for weeks.

This is only a guess, don't hold me to it. In fact, I'm not even concentrating on this estimation. I do however, keep telling myself that by Christmas we'll probably know our children. I know that's dangerous to do that, but I can't seem to help myself. Hopefully, I'm not setting myself up for a disappointment.

1 Comments:

At 12:23 AM , Blogger Melanie said...

I forgot about TET, that proabably bumps my *estimated* travel date to later. :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home