MAK
Yesterday, I took the kids to the MAK playgroup at the mall. MAK stands for Moms with Asian Kids. It is a fantastic group that has two playtimes a month and also a family activity about about once a month on a weekend. The kids had so much fun playing, chasing and just being with other kids. It's nice for me to talk to other mom's who have been through the process or who are going the process. These are the people who really understand. What would I do without people like this?
I'm also so thankful for all the really good friends I've made through the internet on this adoption journey, too. I've already learned so much from them. Most importantly, we help each other through those tough times of the process. To share with them those moments of first getting their referral, planning travel, and hearing about their time in Vietnam is so exciting. I count on them to be there every single day. It would be very difficult to walk this path without them walking beside me. How exciting to think I may travel with some of these very same people. You all really are the best!!
I'm blessed beyond measure to have my lifelong best friend completely understand what I'm going through now. It was just a year ago that my best friend was waiting in agony for her travel call. It came 5 1/2 months after referral. Their daughter's first Gotcha Day anniversary is approaching in November. It's comforting to have a friend really know and understand all the emotions, fears, worries wrapped up in the adoption process.
Then there are kind souls in our community that actually think about us and ask how we are doing. They even send little notes. They pray for us. My church prays for these adoptions. How can I express the amount of gratitude for prayers that will benefit our children half a world away.
Lastly, there is my family who listens on a daily basis to all my ramblings, and continues to listen. My sweet boy, Wyatt, who can hardly wait. He said the other day, "What if we could just say 'children' and they'd drop from the sky." apparently, he's getting tired of the waiting. He tells everybody that we're getting children from Vietnam. I mean everyone, the check out lady at the grocery store, the waitress at the restaurant. He talks about how he'll help take care of them. He worries about things like them being afraid of a new place and us, new people. He plans all the things he'll teach them. He asks if they'll speak Vietnamese. He thinks about every aspect of their homecoming. Today, he asked if they'll be home in time for his birthday. I told him no, but maybe we'll have pictures by then. Wouldn't that be nice!
For all these people in my life who really care and for that extra bonus of those who truly understand, I am grateful.


2 Comments:
I wish we had a MAK group!!
I am always amazed by the friends that I have met through this experience. It is awesome. I really don't think I could have made it without you all!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home