Baby Updates
A little update on the babies.
KYNA just turned 8 months old.
*She is less afraid of new people. She laughs and babbles and squeals when we are at home, but still is reserved out in public. At least she isn't frightened anymore.
*says dadadadada all the time & mamama just a few times
*sits up on her own from a laying position
*crawls, she's been doing this for awhile now even if it's not really a fluid motion yet. She can alternate both feet and one hand. Just can't figure out putting one hand down and then the next. So, she looks like an caterpillar as she goes up and down. The girl can move around the room though.
*going to skip baby food and go right to table food only. Finally figured this one out, after numerous attempts of trying different foods and grinding up my own.
EASTIN just turned 9 months old.
*one word for this boy-- Smiles. He is so happy and smiles for everyone, but he especially likes big brother Wyatt. He'll belly laugh loudly by just looking at Wyatt.
*patient. Since he is so patient, he usually comes in last on the totem pole when everyone is wanting something and I'm here alone.
*studies the details of everything- fabric, trees, toys, clothes
*amazingly stronger than the day we received him. He still has a long way to go, especially compared to the strength that Kyna has, but he'll get there. With Wyatt being a preemie, it has helped me prepare for Eastin's rate of development. I know that Quoc said the first time he saw Eastin, he was very, very tiny.
*he still eats really well, but the "you can't fill me up" sensation has gone, I think.
*Likes cereal and baby food, but table food is still to come.
Both of the babies love to be held. In fact, they'd be happy if we held them all the time. They do fine playing with their toys and watching Wyatt and Ellayna, too.
Nighttimes are still a battle. I'm sleeping in a different room with Eastin and Matt takes care of Kyna. Kyna has slept through the night a handful of times, but it'd be nice for that to become more consistent. Eastin is doing a little better at self soothing back to sleep in the middle of the night. He still wakes up 3-4 times a night though. My theory is that it is too quiet for him. He sleeps more soundly with lots of commotion going on around him. I've been taking Kyna at night sometimes, because Matt has been working some long hours. Plus, last week Kyna had a week of high temps. So, that made for some long nights and days. She's feeling much better this week though. Maybe we can make some strides in the sleep department. They do both take a short morning nap and longer afternoon nap. Yah! The first couple of weeks after getting home, it was a series of cat naps. Glad we're past that.
Both babies are very attached to us. They also are recognizing and attaching themselves to different family members. They'll squeal and lunge when our regular visitors, my parents, aunt and "great" come through the door. That's fun to see.


9 Comments:
I'm glad to hear they are adjusting well. They are absolutely beautiful little babies.
Heather
tovietnam.blogspot.com
Good to hear an update, so glad they are doing well. They are adorable!
2moretolove at gmail dot com
They are just as beuatiful in real life as they are in the pictures! I hope the sleep thing works out soon. Those sleepless nights are so hard.
Aimee
Sarah, I can't believe how much they've changed since I saw them at the picnic. Especially Eastin! It sounds like all is going good, other than the fevers and burning the midnight oil. I hope Kyna is feeling better! She's such a doll baby!
awww, look at Kyna's hair growing long! They both look so happy!!! I pity your sleep life right now, I would be a WRECK! You are supermom!
I don't know how you do it, my friend. The sleepless nights with one baby are enough for me. I can't imagine with two. They're so beautiful and I'm happy to see the new pictures. You're right, our babies have changed and grown so much since Vietnam. Aren't we truly blessed to have such wonderful kiddos?! I miss you guys and wish we had time to chat. Hugs to all of you!
They are just the sweetest little babies!
Have you considered playing music at night for the little guy? Maybe the noise would be soothing?
we had some tough tough nights with sleeping too for the first few months. We now play lullabies at night, and the background noise has helped tremendously! They're BEAUTIFUL, btw.
Love these new pics! The girls look like princesses!!!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home