Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, August 06, 2006

You've got MAIL

You've got MAIL

I know this is Sunday and all of this happened on Friday, but I've been so busy getting everything in order. I haven't had time to post till now.

IT arrived! Our approval from the US government arrived, approving us to adopt 2 children. I still can't believe it's here. It took exactly 3 weeks to be approved. For Ellayna's adoption it took 7 1/2 weeks. It really depends on how many applications they are working on.

I don't ever recall experiencing tunnel vision when retrieving the mail before, but I did on Friday. We were returning home from grocery shopping, so I was up higher in the passenger seat of Mom's van. I opened the mail box and before pulling the mail out, my vision zeroed in on the return address label: Department of Homeland Security. I think I screamed.

Friday and Saturday, I spent getting the rest of our documents ready. I picked up marriage license at the courthouse, Matt's signed medical form, Matt brought home employer letter, picked up local police report for both of us, passport style photos taken of each of us (guess we need 12 each to be applied to different paperwork), and made more copies. All this had to be done at the last minute, because it is time sensitive. We have literally spent several hours this weekend getting everything ready.

The good news is that we had everything notarized tonight (all 78 documents!!). We were able to use an attorney for our notary. If you use an attorney than you don't have to county certify before you state certify. Basically, it cut out a lot of time I'd have to spend at the county court house tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, my doctor was on vacation the end of last week. So, tomorrow morning I have to stop by his office, and then off to the notary, and then off to Columbus for state certification. I'll do one final getting everything in order and find a post office to overnight everything to my agency in Cleveland.

Let's hope and pray that I haven't forgotten something.

4 Comments:

At 8:50 AM , Blogger RollerCoaster said...

Many congratulations on receiving your I-171H! I wish mine would arrive in 3 weeks! I will be lucky to get it in 6-8 weeks! I hope your wait to referral is quick!

 
At 11:06 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

How exciting. Who would ever think a person could get giddy to receive something from the Dept. of Homeland Security. WoooHooo

 
At 6:17 AM , Blogger Ange said...

Cogratulations!
You are one step closer, I hope you get your referral quickly!

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

That's great news about your I171h... and I am amazed at how quickly you got all your documents together and notarized! You'll be DTV in no time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home