Halloween
Daniel Boone and Kitty
We had a fun Halloween which consisted of 2 parties and 3 nights of trick or treating. Now, I'm not out to give my kids a sugar high with that many nights of gathering candy. We live in the country. Each night consists of 4 relative's houses, candy and visiting. The kids love it, and our relatives don't just give one piece of candy, but a bag of candy, treats, toys. The kids are more than thrilled. Our parties included hay rides. I think my kids had a total of 4 hay rides this year. It doesn't matter how cold it may be; they'll not miss out.
Wyatt wants to be farmer every year. (We live in a farming community) We have ventured to a cowboy one year, and this year we managed (bribed with a new muzzleloader) Daniel Boone. He is wearing his daddy's costume. It's held up good for 30 years. I had a fairy costume that I bought at a garage sale two years ago for 50 cents. It's very cute. Plus I had wings to add to it. Unfortunately, Ellayna screamed every time I put it on her. We switched to the cat. She was thrilled. She meowed. She crawled around on the floor. She rubbed against our legs. She took her little stuffed black cat and a little plastic black mouse with her, too. She'd look at herself in the mirror and grin at her whiskers. She loved it when I dressed as a cat, too, for one of the parties. I'm sure that she'll be asking to be a cat next year, too. Other than trying to keep the candy out of reach, the other problem I encountered was trying to convince my children to let me remove the moustache and whiskers.




6 Comments:
That is too cute! and what a great idea - going to your relatives for trick or treating
They are too cute!! You were a really cute cat as well!!
What sweet pictures!
My girls wanted me to dress up to, but I can't imagine anyone expecting to see a grown-up princess. Now I know better, mommies can have fun too!
Love the photos! It looks like the kids had lots of fun. Maybe mom had fun dressing up, too? I can't wait for my turn!
The kids are adorable. Your costume is really cute too!
TOOO cute!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home