Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Babies

We feel so blessed. Our babies are wonderfully sweet. The nannies wanted to make sure we knew that Kyna is very laid back. They said a wonderful personality. She is very much attached to her daddy right now. She plays with me and smiles, but for comforting and snuggling she prefers Matt. The biggest problem we've had so far is her eating. We are convinced that she was nursed. We've had to do all kinds of things to coax the bottle. When she is really tired, it's worse. Last evening, she cried and cried. She kept rooting in our shirts. In fact, we have wet shirts many times. Nothing we did could comfort her. Finally, I put her in the bath tub with me and she was happy. As soon as the jammies came on and she realized she was still hungry, she started screaming. It really is pitiful. I decided to feed her some cereal. She loved it and directly afterward she drank her milk. we were happy and relieved. I think we just needed to take her mind of off nursing. Between the two, Kyna is grieving. She has bouts of sad crying. Eastin only cries for physical needs, hungry, tired, play with me, ect.. She is very laid back and also more reserved. She smiles but only when she feels comfortable. Right now she is laughing and cooing at her daddy. She follows to see where he is at. Of course, Matt loves this.

Eastin smiles so easily. He is such a happy little guy. The smile lights up his whole face. He always tries to engage us. He really enjoys just looking into my eyes. He enjoys being out and about, too. He loves when other people talk to him and the people melt when he flashes them a smile. I think this change is easier for Eastin to adjust too. He came from an orphange that had more babies. He is also used to seeing different people. I think his orphanage had 10 nannies plus volunteers coming in and out. I know there have been volunteers from the US, Aulstralia, and Great Britian. Kyna had 4 nannies and came from a very small orphanage.

Physically, the weigh just about the same. Kyna at 7.2 k and Eastin at 7.2k. However, by just looking at them you'd think Kyna weight a lot more. Eastin has such spindly arms and legs, but he is really solid in the trunk. Also, longer in the trunk than Kyna. Kyna is just a round butterball. Her thighs are huge. I've never seen anything like it before. Everywhere we go people comment about Kyna's eyes. Her lashes go on for miles. The doctor even jumped back in surprise when we saw her eyes. Everyone says how beautiful she'll be. We think that they are just the sweetest most precious little people and I can't wait to have all four of my kiddos together.

Ellayna, HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY!!!! Mommy and Daddy love you bunches!

3 Comments:

At 8:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both babies sound so precious. Poor Kyna, grieving...I expect it will take time, especially if she was nursed. Glad she liked the cereal. Yes, she does have incredible eyes! Eastin's smile makes me feel happy just looking at him in the photos - I can only imagine how he affects you in person! I bet you can't wait to have all of your kids together. Happy Birthday Ellayna!

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger Stepping on Legos said...

Ahh, I love hearing all these details about the babies! How hard about Kyna. It is, I'm sure, in her best interest that she was so attached and loved but man how hard for all of you!!! They are so so SO beautiful. You are so blessed.

 
At 3:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! You're babies are as cute as can be! Glad it's going well. Sad for Kyna to be grieving, luckily she has you and Matt. I'd love to hear how they compare size wise to Paisley. She has some thighs as well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home