Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, April 22, 2007

We're here!

I am typing from HCMC airport. We are waiting for our one hour flight to Danang. We fly out 6:50 PM. We will stay around 4 days in Danang, back to HCMC for around 9 days. Then on to Hanoi for our last interview. Not sure yet our hotel in HCMC. The holiday has things booked up.

We arrived an 1 1/2 late in HCMC, not a big deal. We were on the tar mat in Taipei for that time while they fixed the door. Quoc picked us up at the airport and took us to a nice hotel. We had 3 hours to shower and rest. I added up that it took 35 of total travel hours from our door step to HCMC airport. That is a hard trip to make. We were thankful for EVA deluxe airlines, but just as thankful to get off and back on land. We had more room flying deluxe. I can NOT imagine flying coach all the way here. We flew coach into Seattle and it was miserable. I've only ever flown coach though. It was a full flight. The food on EVA was very good. They gave a whole meal- salad, fruit, bread, dessert, main course. Can you tell I'm hungery right now?

I appreciate all of you and the time spent on us. It is working. You all know what I mean. My back as not hurt at all the whole way here. It is a bit stiff now, but plan to get in the pool when we get to Danang.

WE HAVE OUR G&R TOMORROW!!!!! We live at 6am for Que Son. Will spend about 45 min with Kyna and then take her to the G&R. Then back to the hotel. Leave for Eastin in Danang. His G&R is at 4pm. It will be a very busy day, as each of these places are a drive from one another. Remember we've slept maybe 6-8 hours in the last 35. I'm sure we'll sleep good tonight.

G&R is the Giving and Receiving ceremony where we actually get the babies.

Sorry not spell checking, too tire. Talk more tomorrow hopefully. Please, be "thinking" of us the next few days as the babies ajust to us, we adjust to them and we adjust to Vietnam.

19 Comments:

At 6:04 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

I am so happy you guys made it!! Tomorrow is going to be one busy day for you guys. I can't wait to hear all about it!!

 
At 7:29 AM , Blogger KelleyO said...

Get some rest! Tomorrow is going o be a wonderful day! I'm so excited for you!!!!

 
At 8:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for your next post!! Glad you made it safely over there.

 
At 8:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay - I'm so glad you guys are safely there. I hope you get some rest tonight. Have a great day tomorrow getting your precious little ones. I can't wait to see pictures and hear everything about them!!!

 
At 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! Get your rest now before getting those babies tomorrow. It will be a great day! We're so excited for you and can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!
Brenda

 
At 9:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely! Hope everything goes smoothly. Can't wait to see those sweeties. Give them kisses for us!!

 
At 9:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whhooo Hooooo!!! You're there!!!!

I started tearing up just reading about the G&R's tomorrow (TONIGHT our time!) I can't wait to hear all about it....and see you with pictures of the babies!!!

I'm "thinking" of you ;) Yes, you got it :) Glad to hear all is well so far!

I can hardly wait to get your next post about your sweeties!!!!!!

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger Tabitha said...

I am so glad you have arrived safely. I am so excited that soon you will have your little ones! Can't wait to read more and to see pictures!

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger Jo said...

Wow, your super busy. Enjoy your trip.

 
At 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. In just a few hours you'll be holding Kyna and Eastin.

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Glad to hear you all made it safely. Try and get some much needed rest. Can't wait to see those babies!

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

I am so glad that you are feeling good after all those flights. And I am so thankful that you are all safe and sound. I can't wait to see pictures of you and your beautiful babies. I am praying for you all.

 
At 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you post, you'll be a new mama to two! This is so crazy, isn't it? Surreal! Thanks for keeping up the blog, I hope you got a good night's sleep and I am glad you made it there alright. It is one long trip. Thankfully the trip home doens't seem nearly as long, to me. Can't wait until tonight (your tomorrow!!!) I bet you won't be able to post tomorrow but I'll be thinking about you guyys!

 
At 4:32 AM , Blogger Sherri said...

I bet that Kyna is with mommy and daddy and you are having Eastin's G&R about now. Thinking of you all. Congratulations!

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger jenn said...

Praying for you guys as the next couple of days will be BUSY ones! I don't hardly know what to say except that I am so happy for you and can't wait to see baby pics.
Take care of yourselves and enjoy as much of the trip as you can.

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger LaLa said...

Congrats...you have your little ones by now I am sure. I hope all is well.

 
At 7:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so so excited for you, can't wait to see those babies!! Enjoy this time, praying for your health and safety, and lots of wonderful moments with your newest additions.
Deb Heydinger

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger Matt & Karen Wagner said...

Sarah,

I am so happy for you all. I really pray that the rest of the trip is smooth sailing. You have waited a long time and I know you are now at peace with the world, even though you are busy. Please send pictures as soon as you feel you can.

 
At 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
You don't know me but I'm Susan Hamilton's best friend Arlene and I know lots about you and your family. I am so excited for all of you over there now. I wish I could be there also. Congrats to you and your hubby!!! 2 more kiddies!!! Wow!! You have your hands full. Hope everyone is adjusting well. I am keeping you ALL in my prayers along with Susan and Lily Ana. Enjoy every minute.
I hope, through Susan, to keep up with you all. Just wanted to share my good thoughts with you. And wish you all the very best. Take care and rest when you can.
:) What an exciting time!!!
Arlene Sutton (from Baton Rouge, LA)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home