Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

struggling

I'm struggling, and it's not for lack of trying. In fact, for the last day and a half, I've done very well. I made out a list for each of the next three weeks and have been tackling it. Moving forward, one step at a time and then WHAM! I get hit. No warning. The awful feelings of waiting for that travel call start again. These aren't "Oh, I wish we could travel." It is intense feelings of desperation. There is only so long I can holdout without my babies. Yes, we knew with the adoption process that we'd be waiting, but it still doesn't make it any easier.

I've often wondered if people who have never adopted before really understand. I imagine it's like most things in life. You can't really grasp the magnitude until you're walking in those shoes. Since, I have done both: given birth and adopted internationally, I can probably describe it.

Imagine carrying your baby only to give birth and instead of holding your baby you get a handful of pictures. Then you are told in three, four or maybe five months you can travel halfway around the world to pick up your baby. In the meantime, you may get one set of new pictures or maybe not. Oh and they'll be living in an orphanage, too, carried for by people you've never met. Now at the beginning of your nine months, you knew it was going to be this way, but would it make it any easier?

Eastin turns 6 months old this week, and Kyna turns 5 months this week. I've missed all that time, and will always feel sad for that time lost. I just don't want to miss anymore.

4 Comments:

At 8:45 PM , Blogger KelleyO said...

Sarah, I know you are going to hear something soon. I'll pray for you tonight. Hang on.

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger jenn said...

Praying for you, your right it is near torture. It stinks how wait till travel is sooo slow, but once you do, time seems to fly.
Can't wait to follow your trip!

 
At 3:04 PM , Blogger Susan said...

I'm really sorry you're having such a bad time and, although you are correct in saying many people can't understand, you are definitely not alone when it comes to those terrible feelings. There are so many of us who truly do feel what you feel. I hope you can take at least a little comfort in that -- it helps me.

The one thing that will certainly take these feelings away is that travel call!! Praying that it comes by the end of next week!

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Sarah,

I hope you get the travel call soon. I know how you feel about missing those first few months of your babies lives. It is so hard just waiting. I will pray that your call comes and that you will have those beautiful babies in your arms soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home