Curls and Bamboo Forest
Yesterday, I had my hair permed. About every 1 1/2 years, I do this. I'm just not a straight hair kind of a gal. Looks nice on others, but I have a hard time with it since it isn't stick straight to begin with. A perm will make it a zillion times easier while in Vietnam. Basically, I can just wash and go. I can leave the curling iron and hair dryer at home. It'll be less time consuming when the babies come home, too. Anyway, before leaving the shop I went to make my next appointment and realized how close we are at getting ready to leave. I always stretch my trim appointments out to 7-8 weeks. (I think I'm saving money) I booked an appointment for the 3rd full week in March, realizing that we could possibly leave the end of March. YIKES! There isn't much left of January and February is a short month full of two TET parties and Valentines day.
I have so much to get done. I am definitely nesting. Cleaned out all the kitchen cabinets and reorganized all of them. Yesterday, I tackled the toys. Usually about 3 times a year the toys need organized. You know all the blocks together, all the play food and pots and pans together, musical instruments. Anyone who has kids knows what a chore this is! I even repacked all our baby toys so I could just pull out when we return home.
My back is doing much better. I've been swimming several times a week at the Y and my chiropractor has done wonders. He said I'll definitely be reading to go in April. I severely injured it the beginning of Nov, so I really lost all of Nov and Dec for tackling the list of things to do before leaving for Vietnam. Plus, added more of the usually work to get caught up on. I couldn't substitute teach during that time either. So, I lost that money, not to mention all the chiropractor bills. UGH . The whole back ordeal has caused a lot of stress over the last few months. I'm feeling much relieved now and believe that I'll be in tip top shape in another two months.
Goal for this weekend it to get the kids moved upstairs into their own rooms. Then we get to work on the nursery! I cannot wait to have both cribs set up in that little room. There is something about having a nursery all ready to go, waiting on babies. I didn't get to do this with Wyatt since he was 15 weeks early and when Ellayna came home we just moved her into the same room with Wyatt. I'm really looking forward to a completed nursery that Matt and I did together. I think I'm going bold with the paint (bamboo forest= reminds me of a tropical green). This is a stretch for me, most of my walls are cream. Hope I like it. The color choice is a little tricky with both a boy and girl. The current room color is a mustard yellow faux finish. I really don't want to do a pastel. So, bamboo forest it is.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home