Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Endless waiting

I'm still here, and yes we're still waiting. I'm not even going to try to NOT complain anymore. All along I said I was OK with the wait. Well, as much as a person can be. I'm not OK with the wait any longer. When the calendar turned to December, my patience expired. Every day seems like it lasts for a week. I dread the thought of going through 7 more days of this torture. I don't want to leave the house in case "the call" may come. I know we are close and I should just be grateful. However, when you are actually going through this, being logically gets pushed aside.

I should be able to say this will happen and will happen soon, just be happy and wait. Instead, I constantly think about how I want to see my little ones' faces, know their names, know the day the entered the world, know where in Vietnam they are at.

I have lots to do, but can't do much. It feels like I'm on the brink of a race, but not allowed to start yet. I need to get ready for two more sweeties, but I need to know who they are first, how old will they be?

120 days of waiting so far. How much longer???????

6 Comments:

At 9:30 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

I hope your wait ends very very soon. The part of the wait that you are at is by far the most difficult. Knowing it could come at any time is so tiring.

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger RollerCoaster said...

I hope your wait ends soon as well. Maybe you will get a very nice Christmas present this year!

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I hope you get your call very soon. I have been keeping up eith your blog hoping to hear that you got your referrals.
Hang in there, it will happen.

Stephanie

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger Susan said...

I think you somehow looked into my life and wrote those words about me. That is EXACTLY how I feel. I'm so sorry that you're going through this horrible waiting, but I'm so glad someone truly understands what I'm experiencing. Praying for those referrals to come NOW!!!

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger Emily said...

i am praying for you!
it sounds like it will be happending VERY soon!

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger mellow & yellow said...

Hi Sarah,
Today I came home, sat on the floor in the empty nursery and cried my eyes out. It has been over 9months that we have been waiting and still are not able to get started on our dossiers. Waiting SUCKS...Yours in good company.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home