All we need are Babies!
Here are a few pics of the nursery. The first picture shows the color better. I ended up liking the bamboo forest color. Surprising, considering I'm a neutral usually. Notice the live bamboo on the white stand. It doesn't require sunlight and uses very little water. Perfect plant for me. I'd like to put some pictures of Vietnam from our trip in the 3 frames. So for now they are art by themselves I guess. The Vietnamese lamp is really pretty lit up. I found the Vietnamese con hat where I bought the lamp. The nursery is small, 8x10. Plus, it has two doors and one window. Fitting 2 cribs, a dresser and the small bookshelf and white stand was a challenge.
The metal crib was one I used for Ellayna, and then bought the white crib a few months ago. I decided not to do crib ruffles on the bottom. What are those things called? Anyway, I used one for the last two kids, but decided on a more plain look. The crib quilts are actually going to be made from a twin quilt I found on sale. My mother-in-law, who can sew anything, will split in in two for me. My mom found the dresser at a garage sale two years ago. She refinished for me. The bookcase (garage sale special) and the small white stand (garage sale special from 30 plus years ago) were just repainted. The stained glass window and shutters from an old house were things I already had. I guess all we need now are babies!


5 Comments:
Yippee! I've been waiting to see pictures. The room looks fabulous and I love all the special little touches. You're right... all you need now are babies. Bring 'em on!!!
I love the green! So pretty! BTW Tag you're it...
I love it, so cute!
You have been busy! The nursery is awesome and I love the big sister cheers. Noah's favorite word is "NO!" so everytime I ask him if he is ready for Hannah to come home he says, "NO!" I sure hope he changes his mind! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
So nice, I love the lantern lamp...where did you get that?
I wish I could find my camera, I finally finished the nursery and want to post pics of ours.
The green, by the way, is nice. And the white frames look great with or without photos.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home