Quiet..NOT
I know it's been quiet lately. Well, on this blog not at my house. We have been busy. We moved both kids upstairs to their own rooms. Ellayna also went from a crib to a bed, from first floor to second floor and from sharing a room to having her own. I know not a good plan and not the one I was going to use, but guess what? It worked. She has been sleeping nap time and bed time for 5 days now and a she's only gotten out of bed once. Hopefully, this is a done deal. Wyatt loves his room. I really didn't do anything different just moved their things in an added a few other things from other parts of the house. I worked at putting it together one evening when he was at mamaw and papaw's house. You would have thought it was Extreme Makeover Home addition by his reaction when he saw his room. I should have had the video camera in hand. It was so funny to see him gasping and saying, "I loooooooooovvvvvveeee my room!" On Saturday, Matt painted the nursery and set the second crib up. He painted the bookshelf and hung some things. The only thing that's left is to hand the curtain and I have some pictures to get made for the room. As soon as I get it done, I'll post pictures.
I also started pulling out Wyatt and Ellayna's tubs of too small clothes. Luckily, I have all these labeled which makes it easier. I went through and pulled out all the clothes for Eastin and Kyna for this spring and summer. It does take some time to decide if that size will work, ect.. This project was a circus though. Wyatt had the best time, exclaiming over nearly every piece of clothing, especially his baby clothes. Ellayna spent the time doing what she does best, trying on clothes. She squeezed into clothes that were way too tiny. Off topic: This morning she spent part of the morning in her winter coat, buttoned. (I tried to explain she'd get too hot) After while she came out of the bedroom with her swim suit on and then disappeared to change into another swim suit. So, an afternoon of digging through boxes of clothes was fun for her.
Now I need to get everyone's clothes into the right closets, dressers. I also think I'm going to pull out fall and winter clothes for Eastin and Kyna. That'll tell me what I have and what I need. Have to be prepared for garage sale season. I can get the best deals at garage sales. Many times I have gotten a huge bag full of really nice clothes for the price of one shirt at department store. I also thought it'd be a lot easier to do the fall and winter clothes now then when I have 2 mobile babies. I bought two extra tubs today. Gotta love that plastic. I keep a tub for each Wyatt and Ellayna's 'future clothes'. I buy at the end of season and this makes it accessible to see what I have for the upcoming season. Now Kyna and Eastin will have their own box for 'future clothes.' My dad, the last boy of 4, mentioned in dismay about all the hand-me-downs that Eastin and Kyna will have to wear. I assured him that most of this stuff looked brand new.
This is what I have been up to lately. Along with cleaning and organizing all the cupboards, closets, medicine cabinet and so on. You name it, and I have probably already cleaned and organized it or have plans to do so. Right honey??? (My husband reads our blog and you can probably hear him complaining about now).


5 Comments:
Oh my gosh! When you finish with your house, please come on over and tackle mine. I really need to move a little faster than I've been moving or everything will never get done. Congratulations on all that you've accomplished so far!
I bet it was super cute to watch the kids go through the tubs of clothes.
Sounds like you've been doing alot of nesting!
Planning for 2 babies has to be so exciting and stressful.
I'm stressed just planning for 1, LOL.
Stephanie
WOW! That is much more than I hope to accomplish this YEAR!
Keep updating, can't wait to read travel posts and see pictures...enjoy the snow that's coming.
New bedrooms, all that organizing...looks like the entire family is ready for the babies! It won't be much longer!!!
hello there,
How are you? my name is Jerry and I came across your blogs and i really need your help. I want to adopt a boy from vietnam whom I've during my trip to VN. THere are many questions without answers. Im glad i found your blogs!
Since you have finished all of your paper works already. Would you please give me some information as far as what are the processs for adoption in Vietnam are? What is the first step that i need to do..application, who should i contact in in the U.S and in Vietnam, Do i need an agency for adoption or can i do it myself?
About me, I am U.S born citizen, a 67 yrs old retirement professors, never married, dont have childrean, live by myself. I want to adopt a boy in Vietnam. He's a 13 years orphan boy. I met him a couple month ago during my trip to vietnam.
Its a blessing to recieve your response. i would like to contact with you throught email if that's possible. THank you
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home