I've been tagged
I guess I’m honored. I’ve never been tagged before. Thanks, Kelley. I think. OK, 10 odd things about myself, in no particular order.
10. I’m a historical reenactor. I haven’t done much since I’ve been married, but this was a huge part of my life growing up and through college even. For years, my family played interpretations during the mountain man era. We camped in our tipi and I wore buckskin dresses. When I was 11 we switched to the French and Indian War time period portraying the French. We made all our own clothing, sewing most of it by hand. I can bake bread and pies over the fire and have braved some fierce storms in a military wedge tent. These reenactments were our family vacations.
9. I’m in love with an appliance. Yes, my dishwasher is very special to me. We didn’t have a dishwasher growing up. The relationship with my dishwasher has lasted 7 years and it’s as special to me as the day we met.
8. I’d really like to try one of those snake restaurants outside of Hanoi even though I’m terrified of snakes. I guess it is quite a show with the snake being disemboweled and then shown the still beating heart. Then a lengthy seven-course meal begins with fried snake skin, grilled snake filet, snake spring rolls, snake soup, snake dumplings. I’m not putting this on my list of things to do however. I really don’t think this would be a place to go with babies in tow.
7. I was voted best hair, best laugh, and most honest by my high school senior class. Odd when I think of that now.
6. I’m a teacher who doesn’t believe in school. Not to start a debate. I have nothing against public or private school. We have lots of great teachers in our area. However, I don’t believe the love of learning can happen within the rigid confinement of four walls for hours on end, so much more to life than that.
5. I eat my kids’ candy sometimes. I rationalize that I’m doing a good thing because they don’t need all that sugar. So, I should get rid of it.
4. My husband and I grew up our whole lives 3 miles apart in rural community. Separated by school districts, we didn’t meet till my last semester of college.
3. I care nothing about vehicles. People will say I want this XXXXX type of car. I have no idea what they are speaking about. Two criteria in my book: it runs and no payments. Choosing a color would be luxury I’ve never had.
2. Both my kids took 5 months to get here. Wyatt was born 15 weeks early. His birthday should have been in late April instead of early January. Ellayna’s adoption took exactly 5 months from start to finish. She was born in April and came home in October. So, this 10-month wait seems long. Now I’m finally actually getting babies in APRIL. Isn’t April a diamond month? I think I should get a ring with 4 diamonds. Who cares what month the kids were actually born in. LOL
1. I don’t think, I’ll ever be done having kids. I do believe my husband may snip my wires, computer wires that is.
SUSAN, I tag you! Everyone please read, "From God's Arms"


2 Comments:
ditto on the car thing. i just need something to get me from place a to b!
praying for late march/april travel!
I'm in love with my refrideraor and my toaster. I have deep admiration for my dishwasher.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home