Flights
I'm always curious about the details.
Leave Detroit at 7:30pm fly to Seattle (flying time 4:53) (Lay over time 4:40)
Seattle to Taipei, Taiwan (flying time 12:35) (Lay over time 3:35)
Taipei to HCMC, Vietnam (flying time 3:20) (Lay over time?????)
HCMC, Vietnam to Danang, Vietnam (??)
It looks like we may then fly from HCMC to Danang (about an hour flight.) I think we may see the babies the very day we land in Vietnam.
So at the very least, we will have around 22 hours flying time and more than 8 hours of lay over time. We live over 2 hours from the airport added to arriving at the airport 2 hours before and then add time for traveling after we arrive in Vietnam. This means we could have 35 plus hours of travel time and then go directly to see the babies, and then possibly have our G&R the next day. That's the Giving and Receiving Ceremony, when we actually receive the babies. Let's just pray we can sleep on the flights and don't have jet leg too bad.
We know that there are many people praying for us and the babies. We truly appriecate those prayers. I have become more at peace this week, and keep remembering that God is the one in control.


6 Comments:
Wow, that will be a trip. Take something with you to help you sleep on the long flight. Talk to the Dr if you don't already have something. You really are going to wish you had as once you get there it is non-stop! PLUS, you never know how well the babies are going to sleep with all the changes.
Praying for your family and excited for you!
Oh Sarah I can't wait for your trip! I'll be praying for you and your family and that you'll be able to sleep and have no jet lag!
That's crazy to see it in black and white - You're really on your way to your babies! Congratulations - we'll be praying for a smooth and safe trip for you guys!
I'll be thinking of you every minute of this trip and can't wait to see you with your precious babies at last! Have an absolutely fantastic time and I'll be checking your blog a million times a day!!!
Sarah & Matt,
I know you are in the air right now! We are all very excited for you. I hope your trip goes well, and you bring Kyna and Eastin home quickly and safely so we can begin the spoiling process. We are all praying for you.
Love,
Cousin Ang
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to see pictures of you holding those beautiful babies!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home