Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, April 12, 2007

New News

Well, it has been a whirl wind of a couple of days. We received our travel call on Monday. Soon after, I found out that my good friend Susan wouldn't be traveling in our group. It was a day of two extreme opposite emotions happening at the same time, which results in numbness. I prayed all Monday night. I would wake up and pray. I knew it was Vietnam's day during our night and tried to trust that God would help work all of this out. Guess what? God heard our prayers and answered them. The next morning, I received a phone call and...... Susan is traveling with us!!! I felt like in one second the dark heavy cloud was lifted, and I felt immediate extreme excitement. Our date was changed from Monday to Friday. It was difficult for our agency to get everything arranged that quickly. It really works out well for us, too. Those 4 extra days are going to help me not to run around like a crazed person. I am calmer, more relaxed..... well at least some of the time.

We are still trying to book our flights. The agency is sticking by the days, but we are waiting for their travel agent to call us. I am using our own travel agent (The Famous Todd), so it makes it frustrating to wait. Today is the day, one way or another I need to book our flights. We leave in 8 days!!!!!! I know that some of my nerves will settle when I have airline tickets.

4 Comments:

At 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd is awesome - that's who we used our first time around. He seriously worked some magic and was working on our travel over his Christmas holiday!!
Anyway, I'm so glad it worked out for you to travel with your friend, Susan. Everything as it should be:)

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger jenn said...

Another thumbs up for Todd. Tell him we said hi and that you won't be near as much trouble as Jenn with the twins!!!
Looking forward to following your trip and can't wait to see full face pics of your sweeties.

 
At 8:18 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

We absolutely loved Todd. He did a specacular job of booking our flights. Glad to see everything is working out and Susan is getting to go to. I look forward to reading your tavel blog and seeing the pictures of your little ones.

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Susan said...

It certainly has been a crazy week! I'm so very happy that I'll get to travel with you and Matt. We're going to have a fantastic trip! See you next week!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home