Recovered
We have recovered. Well, maybe not completely, but in comparison we feel fantastic. It is Thursday 4pm Vn time, 5am thurs Ohio time. Yesterday, after returning from all of our appointments. We basically slept from then till morning. We got up later and ordered room service and other than that only got up to feed the babies. The really slept, too.
Poor little things. They really needed it. I ordered a bowl of Pho soup. It was 2.50 US on the menu. I thought that was a bit high considering I could go out to street vendor and get it for 60 cents, but I don't want to get sick. Anyway, they brought a huge bowl of pho. I mean enough to feed a family of 6 very well. It was so good. Pho is sort of like chicken noodle, but a zillion times better. We've mostly hung out here today, playing with the babies. They really love all the attention, and are starting to sqauwk if we aren't right there playing with them. We ate breakfast here at the hotel. It is included with the room. It is huge buffet of both Western and Vietnamese food. It is so delicious. I had just about all of the Vietnamese food today and it really was good. Some had a little zing to it, but mostly very flavorful with spices. We skipped lunch. I went for a swim. There is a small roof top pool on the 24th floor. The view is amazing. A person could spend a long time just watching the traffic below. HCMC stretches out as far as the eye can see in every direction. I want to go up tonight and look out, too. Hopefully, we can take the babies swimming later. The water feels like bath water.
We ventured to the shopping mall that is hooked on to the hotel. It is jammed packed with vendors, 5 stories high. The bottom houses a small grocery store. We bought some baby cereal and diapers. It took forever though, because most people stop you to talk and oh and ah over the babies. Some know a little English the others use hand signals to get their questions across. They put two fingers together to ask if they are twins. Thumbs of for us adopting them. People here love babies. It was tiring to be out very long. I love talking to everyone, but imagine moving about 6ft at a time before being stopped again. While you are standing there talking, more people show up. It always feels a bit awkard to leave, but only so much talking with your hands.
The babies had their first cereal. I was told that Eastin ate food, but I'm not sure. If he did, it wasn't very often as he was pushing the food out with his tongue. He as very happy and ate it all up though. Kyna was hysterical. I wish now we had video taped it. She obviously never had food before. Her look went from horrified to interested to grabbing the spoon with both hands and trying to shove more in. She ate all her food too. I guess it was a success. I'm anxious to see what they do with the bananas and peaches.
We were able to talk to Wyatt and Ellayna and both our parents this morning (eve Wed Ohio time) We used skype so we could see each other. We were so happy to see them. I think they liked seeing the babies, too. Well, at least Wyatt was. Love you Wyatt and Ellayna! Mommy will talk to you on your Thursday night!


6 Comments:
Thanks so much for the updates. That is awesome you have good eaters. BTW, the breakfast buffets are just great. We rarely even ate lunch! Glad skype is working for you.
They couldn't be any sweeter! Thanks for sharing more pics and I am glad to hear you are doing much better. Trust me, though, the people stopping you won't stop...even when you get back to the states. It takes me almost twice as long to grocery shop if I have the twins with me.
Oh my goodness!!!! Sarah, I've just now had a chance to get on your blog. Your babies...wow, they are adorable. I just want to scream with joy for you!!!!! I really hope you enjoy your trip and I just can't get over that you are actually there getting your babies. They are so cute I can't get over it! You really are blessed Sarah, and so are these two little ones.
Melissa
I'm glad you're feeling much more human now! It sounds like you're really enjoying VN and all it has to offer. Just soak it all up!....in between being stopped b/c of you adorable babies!! :)
Oh I'm so glad you are all catching up on sleep and feeling so much better! The pictures are amazingly beautiful. Your babies look soooo happy and well-adjusted already!
Thanks for the update, we love all the news from Vietnam. They are the cutest two on earth, of couse besides our daughter, LOL. Have a great time, thanks for keeping us updated.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home