Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, April 27, 2007

Day out

Today was so incrediable. I could write pages decribing it, but am so tired and need to go to bed. Joanne took us all, minus Joan, to the market. We first stopped at this place that hand embriodered huge pieces of artwork. Truly amazing the talent and time that goes into these pieces. We bought two for each of the babies. Some day they can take them to their homes. I'll hang them both in the nursery when we get home. On the way to the market Joanne stopped and bought flat dried banannas. It looks like a sheet of paper, yummy! She also bought this type of white fruit. I wish we had fruit like this at home. Everything is a million times better here. The sweetest pineapple and watermelon. Matt's favorite is Dragon Fruit. It is also white but speckled with what looks like poppy seeds. We eat some of this every morning for breakfast. I have pics of all of this. Maybe I can post some tomorrow. The market was great but a post in itself. I bought several Ao Dia, traditional dress, for all four of my kids. Things are mostly very inexpensive. Next we went to an outdoor tropical paradise set on several acres for a late lunch. Joanne ordered so much food for us to try and I loved all of it. We were so full, and I was feeling so guilty about the food going to waste as we could not eat it all. Joanne said she was packaging it up for the babysitters. They are very poor and have a hard life. We left all 3 babies in our room with 2 babysitters. The babies did very well and were happy when we returned. Both of them beam and laugh when spoken to in Vietnamese. So, I'm sure they had a good time today. There is NO way you could take a baby out in the heat and caos for the time we were out. After our lunch, we went for a boat ride on a river that empties into the Saigon River. This 20 min boat ride is another post. I have so much I want to write and not to forget.
We sent laundry with the babysitters. For $1 they wash and press 3 pieces of clothing. That is cheap considering the hotel wants 5 for one dress shirt. It'll be nice to get clean clothes. The sitters will be back tomorrow. Joanne is taking us to the Mekong Delta. I am so excited. I think it is just us and Debra and Viet. Viet is 4 1/2 and was adopted from Hoi An orphanange. It is so much fun seeing him experience all of this for the first time. He lived in a very sparse place. Sense he has stayed at luxurious hotels, swam in a pool, rode in an airplane, a boat. He is the sweetest boy and extremely bright. I mean amazingly bright, probably gifted. Even though he speaks Vietnamese we all communicate quite well. He likes to play and Matt is always teasing him. Well, I have to stop and get in bed. Everyone is sleeping now. We have been going to bed around 7pm and Matt and I seem to wake up around 4am. The babies did well last night. Kyna woke once and Eastin about 2-3 times. They sleep in 5-6am. You'll have to live with all my mistakes cause I'm just typing and not rereading. Good night or Good morning depending on what side of the world you're on.!

3 Comments:

At 7:18 AM , Blogger KelleyO said...

Sarah your posts are so descriptive, you making me even more excited to go! That's awesome that you got to sight see and shop and the babies got to rest. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 7:24 AM , Blogger Sherri said...

I am so glad the babies are doing well! I bet they are really getting to know each other too! And I bet Lily Ana and Kyna are glad to have each other. The shopping is so fantastic. I wish I had bought more embroidered stuff. Prices are high in Hanoi.

Have fun today!

 
At 8:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to go out and go to the market and are going to get to see the Mekong tomorrow! Take lots of pictures! That's so great to hear how well Viet is doing - I love the description of him enjoying all the new things he's experiencing - It's going to be so fun when it's my turn to give Amy all these new experiences! Love the pictures of you two with the babies - you look so happy together!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home