Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, April 29, 2007

First Swim/ First Dinner Cruise

We spent today hanging out recovering from the last two days. We did take the babies for their first swim this afternoon. The loved the bathtub and decided they like the pool also. The pool is on the 24th floor. The water is warm and there was some shade. We put their sun bonnets on and they did fine. Two German ladies held them for awhile in the pool. Wherever you go, people of all nationalities want to talk to you and many want to hold them, too. We relaxed in the lounge chairs for a bit, the breeze made it comfortable.

This evening Joanne took all of us on a dinner cruise. The food was fanastic and the music nice, but it was way to overwhelming for all of us. It was so crowded, we could hardly move our arms to eat. That's with holding onto a baby who wants their bed. It was so loud that talking was out of the question. We left at 6pm and got back at 10:30pm. It was a very long night. Eastin was fussy. He really just wanted a bed. So did I!! Matt ordered baked seabass fillet. It was so good. Matt said it was the best fish he'd ever had. The dish had other creamy stuff mixed with it including shrimp and mushrooms. I think it was one of the best dishes I've ever ate. It was really that good. I ordered grilled scampi. Well, it came as the whole scampi like it was just swimming shortly before I ate it. It was good, but peeling all that while holding on to a fussy baby while not being able to reach the table.....ugh. Wish I would have ordered what Matt did.

Joanne invited guests along tonight. I met the lady yesterday. She and her husband both work at the massage place. They are both blind. They have a beautiful 2 year old daughter, who does have her sight. They were so appriecative for tonight. They are so incrediable poor and going on a dinner cruise and eating all that food was beyond anything they could dream of doing. You could tell they were hungry. Joanne dished some fried rice for them as soon as it was set on the table. These people make $1 an hour. The little girl runs around the shop while they work. Communication was intersting. Of course they speak Vietnamese with a handful of English phrases. I usually communicate with my hands when people don't speak English. It works for a basic conversation. This method did not work. However, we sat so close to one another that some way we did understand each other a little. She'd touch our babies and talk to them. The little girl would kiss Eastin's head and while I tried to burp him she helped too.

Joanne would like to find someone to sponser this family. $50 a month would help tremendously. If anyone or a group of people are interested please contact me. I will pass the message along to Joanne. This is a time when you would know 100% your money would be going to the family. How easy would it be for 25 people from Ohio to donate $2 a month to a family who struggles so. Matt and I gave the couple $50 tonight. Not typing this to show, but for you all at home to understand how so little means so much. Joanne translated and the man stood up from his table and bowed as humbly and sincerely as I have ever seen. I had to look away or else I'd cry. Joanne gathered all the left overs and sent them home with the couple.

It's late and I better get to bed. Eastin was up a lot last night. Kyna has been sleeping well the last 3 nights. She gets up 1-2 times. I think Eastin is going through his grieving right now. Before we could comfort him if we met his needs, now he just cries. I know this will pass, but it is sad. The babies are also getting used to each other. They are grabbing for one another and playing. Both are opening up more and making those sweet baby noises. Kyna loves her cereal and has decided she'd like to eat more food. She intently watches us eat. At breakfast this morning, while I was carrying my plate of food and her she dove into my creamcheese blueberry danish. At dinner tonight, she grabbed Joannes glass and went to take a drink like she knew how.

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

I think it wonderful that the babies are bonding so well with each other. They are gorgeous in their swimwear.

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

It sounds like your having a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home