Belly laughs
The babies are really starting to interact. I was lying on the floor and both were on either side of me propped on my tummy. The looked at one another and broke out in enormous belly laughs. I'm not sure what the joke was, but they laughed like that for some time. It was hysterical.
Miss Kyna is so proud of herself. She is crawling everywhere, and just started to pull herself up. She also learned to clap her hands courtesy of Mamaw. She is also mimicking all of us. Ellayna like to listen to this song about a duck while we're driving. Layna does this little dance where she sticks her neck out. Kyna can see her from her car seat. I noticed the other day that when the duck song comes on, she's doing the bobbing of the neck, too.
Eastin knows a lot of what we are saying. The other day Mamaw asked him where Kyna was? He turned and looked around the room till he found her and then stared right at her. Mom did this with each of the kid's names and he was successful each time. I'll try to stump him, by asking him something without and clues. He really knows what is being said. For example, I'll say "Do you want some food?" But, I'll ask at a time that isn't a meal time, and he'll chomp his mouth.
Oh, if you ask Eastin to clap, he grabs his feet and claps them. He's also becoming more vocal which is good to hear. He is making this same sound and it sounds like he is trying to say mamaw. It's hysterical, because he goes crazy over my mom. If he hears her voice, but can't see her, he is hollering this same sound over and over. Then squeals in delight when she picks him up.
Just a note: There is nothing better than holding a baby just as they drift off into sleep.


6 Comments:
Now I have a mental image of Kyna bobbing her head while Eastin is foot clapping. How funny!
And yes, I totally agree. Mia fell asleep on me in a chair at the pool today. She just looked up at me, her eyes were rolling fighting sleep, then finally she looked up, sighed and knocked out on my chest. It was so sweet!
Aww - what great updates! It sounds like you all have adjusted so well and the babies are growing way too fast!!!
I can just see the head bobbing to the duck song. How cute
It sounds like you guys are all doing so well...too cute how Eastin recognizes everyone and I love the story of Kyna's head bobbing! Laurie
nothing else better in life is there. They are so soft and quiet as they drift off...sigh, my babies turn one on friday.
Happy Anniversary!! The kids all look great. I think Eastin is going to keep you on your toes. And I love seeing pictures of Grace's "orphanage sister." I hope we can meet someday. It would be great if the girls could stay in touch through the years.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home