Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Soccer, Creeping Crawl, Nearly Walking, Singing


OK. I need to stop apologizing for not posting. Here goes a quick update on the kids and babies.

Wyatt loves home school. I think he is loving the one on one attention with mom after these several months of adjusting with the babies. We're using the Ohio Virtual Academy. See Jen's blog "Two More to Love" for more info. It's actually going better than I thought with 3 other little ones in the house. Ellayna sits in for parts of school. For example, we're visiting different continents in history now, and she made her "suitcase" and follows along with the adventures. She also helps when we have to act out a story. The other day she was a cow traded for magical beans, then the chicken who laid the golden egg. She loved playing the part of the cold, damp frog. The babies are quite entertained by our skits. The rest of the time the play with their toys or follow Ellayna around. That can be a problem though. Ellayna keeps getting Kyna to climb the stairs even though it's a no-no. Ellayna lays half way up the steps and whispers, "Kyna-Kyna". For the most part, the babies are happy in the morning, and if they're content we can get a lot accomplished.

Wyatt also started on a soccer league which runs till the end of October. One practice and one game a week is the schedule. The coach is really fantastic. He keeps it fun, yet the kids are learning soccer skills, too. Matt is calling me a name I never thought I'd fit the profile...soccer mom. I tried to protest, but I do drive a mini van and have a kid in soccer. Not much to argue there.

The best news is Eastin. He continues to improve on his motor skills. 2 weeks ago he was up on all fours rocking!!! Yahoo!!! Now this little boy has been getting around the room, dragging himself, turning with his hands for some time. However, just last night it was a bit of an awkward crawl, not much, but he is on his way. We are so happy, and he is so proud of himself. Another trick he's learned is, we ask him how strong he is and he'll bend both arms down as if he is flexing and he'll give a low grunt. Eastin's only consistent word is e-maw which is for my mom, whom the kids call mamaw. He says ma-ma and just said bye bye the other night, though only once.

Kyna is getting closer to walking. She walks along furniture and behind a push toy. She can stand from a sitting position without holding on to anything. Her favorite thing to do is follow the big kids around. She wants to be where they're at. She is saying ma-ma, da-da, bye bye, papaw and dad-dy, and doggy once. This child LOVES food. Basically, she eats whatever we do. We skipped right over the baby food. She tries to mimic a lot of what we do. My dad taught her to open and close her mouth like an old person with no teeth. He thinks is hysterical. Oh yah, teeth..both babies have 4 on top and two on bottom.

Measurements taken on 8-14-07
Eastin= height 29 1/2 weight 19# 10 oz
Kyna= height 27 1/4 weight 18# 1oz

The babies are playing together more and more. Sometimes it's tugging on the same toy, taking toys away from one another, and still the rare occurrence of playing with the same toy at the same time. They laugh at one another and look to see what the other one is getting to do. This can make for some interesting moments when everyone wants mom's attention. At times, I'll just lay down on the floor and within seconds I have four kids surrounding me, climbing over top this way and that, but everyone is happy. Tonight, I was on the kitchen floor when my aunt Joan came to visit. My hair was sticking up all over and my mascara smeared under my eyes, but all kids were happy.

Well, I still need some sort of update on Miss Layna. I love this age. She was a late talker, but since spring is making leaps and bounds. The language is my favorite part. She puts so much emphasis in her speech, it's hysterical. She loves music and screams for it the second we get in the van. CD of choice is a funny one mostly about animals or kids. The other is songs from Church. However, she screams for "Bible School" songs. After about the third day with this new CD, I figured it out. Bible school songs are only the songs that she recognizes on the CD all others don't count. I kept thinking all of them are Bible School songs. Layna doesn't just listen to music, she's a dancing and singing and moving her arms all in the comfort of her car seat. Bliss spread across her face. Layna also likes that she has someone to boss around, get after and tattle on. I over hear her talking to the babies, and she is the boss. The problem is she thinks if she tells them something than they should listen.

Hope my next post is sooner rather than later. See ya!

5 Comments:

At 6:05 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Sarah,

It sounds like the babies are adjusting well. They are so adorable! Thanks for the update on all your kids.

Stephanie

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's so fun to hear your update - I'm glad all of you are doing so well. Love the new pictures too!

 
At 6:14 AM , Blogger Susan said...

What a newsy post! It's so good to hear that the kids are doing well, especially Eastin who has come such a long way from the little guy I knew in Vietnam.

It's truly amazing how much our kids have grown since bringing them home. I miss you, Matt, and your little ones.

I don't know how you do it each day, but my hat's off to you. And oh, yeah, there are worse things you could be than a soccer mom. I look forward to the day!

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger Mia's Mommy said...

Great update! I'm glad your oldest is enjoying homeschool. It is really fun at that age. I hope he'll want to stick with it (and you too!).

The babes seem to being doing great! I can picture you in the floor under a mountain of children.

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger Rita said...

Sarah, all your kids are beautiful! glad the little ones are growing so quickly. the look wonderful and very happy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home