RSV
Picture of Kyna from today. She is crying because I wiped her nose. She LOVES to dress up. I think she seems a little young for wanting play clothes, but she does this all the time. You can see she has 3 purses, a cell phone, glasses, and a summer hat
The babies have had RSV for over a week now. I took Eastin to the ER last Friday night. I had already scheduled a doctor's appointment for both babies on Saturday morning, since they had been sick since Tuesday. However, Eastin's breathing became rapid and his chest caved in some when he inhaled. The weird thing is I was worried about someone at the ER seeing his mongolia spots and thinking I beat the kid. His is fairly dark and run up his back, too. I know that a lot of adoption agencies suggest having your doctor document them, but my doctors acted like I was crazy. only suggested it once when Ellayna came home from Korea. Our group of ped docs consists of one doc who grew up in an African country, one from the Philippians, and the other has a Japanese husband. So, I have no documentation and we're going to a small town hospital. It turns out that our nurse was a male nurse who used to be a cop with my brother. Our other nurse was a mom to a former 6th grade student of mine, who is old enough to be graduating college and getting married this fall! Yikes, I'm getting old. Anyway, guess I worried for nothing.
All in all, the babies are doing much better now. They are both on breathing treatments which has helped remarkably. Both have ear infections, too. Kyna is the only one on antibiotics. Hers was much more inflamed. I hope Eastin is getting over his ear infection on his own.


2 Comments:
So sorry the babies are sick again. You guys have had a rough sick season this year. It is funny because I have become really paranoid about Lucy's Mongolia spots. Last summer, when she was in a swimsuit, I actually got asked about them three different times, so now I am always thinking that people are thinking that I beat her. Hers go far up her back.
Hi Sarah! Sorry to hear that you had another run of illness, but glad to hear the babies are feeling better! Jude also has a large mongolian spot on his lower back. I had concerns too (small town)so I did have the doctor document it. I also educated his daycare on Mongolian spots.
I enjoyed the pictures of all the kids from the Asian NY. They had alot of fun and all looked so cute!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home