Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Vietnamese Cooking

Eating at HaLong Bay at Polaris in Columbus, Ohio




COLUMBUS Zoo's new exhibit... ASIA QUEST

Just wanted to share. I made Pho and spring rolls this last week. It turned out pretty good. We live an hour and half from the nearest Vietnamese restaurant. So, at least I can satisfy my craving between pilgrimages to HaLong Bay restaurant. I do however, have to stock up at the Asian grocery store. Asian grocery stores happen to be a long drive away, too.

Now I have to pick my next recipe. I would like a recipe for Vietnamese street noodles. The kids are both eating that particular dish in the pictures. Last summer after spending the day at Columbus Zoo, we stopped by mommy's favorite restaurant.

7 Comments:

At 2:29 PM , Blogger jenn said...

Mmm, we had some HaLong yesterday. I hope all the kids are doing ebtter and stay better. We need to get together sometime (when it's warmer) and let the kids play. With both of us homeschooling it could be anytime :)

Take care,
Jenn

 
At 11:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you aware of this?

https://www2.hslda.org/Registrations/DepublishingCaliforniaCourtDecision/?RedirectCompleted=true

http://www.oneplace.com/Ministries/Focus_on_the_Family/Default.asp

http://www.hslda.org/hs/state/ca/200803060.asp

Signed,
An OH homeschooling adoptive parent

 
At 6:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your children are beautiful! I love your photos.

 
At 3:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! We only have one VN restaurant around here and it's not that good. Which is surprising with as many Vietnamese that we have in our community. Furthermore, I can't cook Vietnamese worth squat.

Are you going to the Asia festival again this year? I think I may. I'd love to see you and the kids again!

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger Jess and Paul said...

Wow, would you mind sharing your recipes? I always crave Vietnamese too, but feel intimidated about making it myself.

 
At 10:07 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

Ellayna is looking sooooo grown up! I am glad everyone is well. Send recipes. I want to make spring rolls. sherripuckett@earthlink.net

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger Susan said...

That first picture of Ellayna is probably one of my favorites ever. All your kids are just darling!

How I would love to see you guys again. We're just going to have to make it happen one day.

Big hugs from the two of us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home