Path to our Vietnamese Sweeties

Follow us as we find the path to our children who are half way around the world. The road is unknown and undoubtedly full of curves, but God holds the map. He is who we will follow. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, October 08, 2007

Eastin's 1st Birthday






Eastin's first birthday was a few days ago. We made him a bear cake since he loves to growl. In fact, if we laugh at him he growls louder and deeper than before. I'm always afraid he'll make his throat sore. Anyway, that's the story behind the cake. He had fun. It took him awhile to dig into the cake though. Eventually, he plowed through the frosting with his fingers. We didn't get to do his Tol table yet though. I'll have to find out for sure what it is called in Vietnam. In Korea, it is a Tol table. I know that many of the Asian countries seem to have this similar tradition. I figured we would just have Eastin and Kyna do their Tol table at the same time. Her birthday is a month after Eastin's.

I am so thankful that Eastin is our little boy. He brightens up our lives with that dimply smile of his. I know that half way around the world is birth mother was surely thinking of him. I pray that she has peace over her decision. I wish she could see how happy and loved he is.

13 Comments:

At 11:58 AM , Blogger R&H said...

Happy Birthday Eastin!
He looks so beautiful in that dark blue color, what a sweet sweet little boy
Heather

 
At 3:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eastin! I can't believe he is the same little boy I saw just a few months ago who looked like he was practically a newborn! He is so big and absolutely adorable!

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger Susan said...

Oh, I miss that sweet boy!! I really could just eat him up. Happy birthday, Eastin!

 
At 3:21 PM , Blogger Emily said...

happy birthday eastin!!!

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger Mia's Mommy said...

What a sweet little face! Happy Birthday! Can you believe he's a year old!?

 
At 7:46 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy 1st Birthday Eastin!

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Beyonder1 said...

Hi Sarah,
I just love these photos! Spectacular. I am finally getting back to looking at fun things like other people's blogs! Thanks for all your kind and encouraging comments during our odyssey. They meant everything.
Linda (Gunter)

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger Jen said...

He is so cute in his blue outfit! I love that the cake is bigger than he is :)

Happy Birthday, Eastin!

 
At 10:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - one already! Those are the cutest pictures ever! Happy Birthday Eastin! Laurie

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger Ann said...

So I'm seriously late but....Happy Birthday(belated) Those are the most precious pictures ever.

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Susan said...

Okay, I'm dying over here. I'm in terrible need of some new photos to ooh and aah over. I know you're busy, but when you get a few minutes somewhere, take pity on a friend, will you? LOL

Seriously, I hope you guys are all healthy and happy.

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Happy Birthday Eastin!
He has gotten so big--and he has a wonderful smile!

 
At 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi I just found your blog

what adorable pictures of your babies!!!

God bless you and your family for opening to adoption!

ps
Im not sure what you mean by Tol table, are you talking about the outfit? (Im Vietnamese American)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home